Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 2014

     This month was devoted to finishing an adult tail.  Many of my waking hours were devoted to sewing and painting, painting and sewing.  The challenge with this tail was that I was asked to recreate a tail from an old, worn out tail.  This was quite a challenge, but I think I conquered it.  I was just about finished with this tail when I received a message from LC Myers Photography asking to do a photo shoot.  I couldn't say no; her work is amazing!  I asked if I could bring another mermaid, knowing the tail would be done by then.  Well…it was pretty much done the day before the shoot, but there were a few last minute details I wanted to get done.  I stayed up until 1:30am working on these details and awoke early the next morning to finish up.  With tails and accessories in hand, I took off to meet up to do the shoot.  We had a blast sitting upon the rocks and the beach to take photos.
     One unfortunate occurrence was my treasured sea star tiara was set upon the rocks and swept out into the ocean never to be seen again…at least not by me.  (Later I went to the store where I got my materials for that crown and they no longer produce the same materials…sad).  At the very end, she asked if we could go for a swim to take photos.  We were a little hesitant as neither of us was prepared with waterproof make-up, but it successful.  Unfortunately, the water was too brown to get any good in-water photos, but my new mermaid friend got to take a swim in her new tail.





     When I was climbing up to the rocks in the shallow water, it was so murky I was sure I was going to put my hand upon a crab!  Now…I'm a lover of animals…most animals.  I am not a fan of spiders--and crabs tend to remind me of spiders.  I know they are a vital part of the ecosystem so I have no intention of killing or eating crab, but they really do crawl around like spiders and I become an absolute shrieking girl when they come too close.  I was really hesitant to climb these rocks, but I knew if I could get out of the water enough, it wouldn't be a problem.
     Luckily, I got on the rock with no crabby interaction and LC Myers got great photos upon the rocks!  When we got out there were sea turtle present.  We were sure not to get too close as sea turtles are protected and there are limits to how close you can get.  It was nice seeing these residents bask on the beach anyway.  :-)





     I made some good friends in doing this shoot and you can look forward to seeing more from LC Myers and myself in the future!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment